NFL Thanksgiving games: The turkey bowl begins

By Vincent Z.
Staff Writer

Major league football teams have held a thanksgiving game every year since the 1890s. Football on Thanksgiving is a tradition that many people do after the parade to gather around the couch and watch their favorite teams play with leftovers on their plate.

The games that will be happening are the Detroit Lions vs. The Green Bay Packers at 12:30.

The Washington Commanders vs. the Dallas Cowboys at 4:30.

And The San Francisco 49ers vs. the Seattle Seahawks at 8:20.

The games will air on different stations instead of just one station The Detroit Lions vs. the Green Bay Packers will air on FOX, The Washington Commanders vs. the Dallas Cowboys will air on CBS, and The San Francisco 49ers vs. the Seattle Seahawks will air on NBC.

The Detroit Lions have held a game on Thanksgiving Day since 1934. The Dallas Cowboys have held games on Thanksgiving Day since 1966.

These sound like really exciting games to watch on the holiday. Maybe I can watch the game after the parade, although I also want to check out the Dog Show as I’ve also never watched the Dog Show before.

I hope that maybe I can see a shih tzu or a pomeranian as they are my favorite dog breeds. That would be nice to see after the parade, although I want to see characters in the parade like Sponge Bob, Snoopy, Pikachu, and more. Maybe in the future Mr. Beast will show up at the parade and give out money to people watching the floats.

8 thoughts on “NFL Thanksgiving games: The turkey bowl begins

1. I love this article!! Yes, it is a tradition in our family to watch football after the parade and I look forward to it every year!! We will probably be watching the 49ers! Mrs. Martin, Visual, Performing, and Media Arts, K-4.